Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Canada Trip #2...




I have to share a short funny story while I was in Canada.  It was a beautiful day filled with blue skies with some breeze. It was a perfect weather. Several of my friends asked me and Jeff if we wanted to go up on high valley, we walked up there We were out of breath. The canadian friends had mountain skateboards, one to stand on and one to sit. They're not the typical standard skateboard we see around here. They're larger, has huge wheels and all-terrian tires. They were really awesome and neat. I decided to give it a try and mind you, I'm not a skinny person, I noticed my weigh cause the mountain skateboard to sag near the ground. I looked at the back tires...they were nearly flat!

I went down with it to the bottom of the valley. Guess what? I fell and crashed to the ground on my back. I said to myself, "What have I done!?!" and realized I was not young anymore, ha! It wasn't easy to balance myself on it, so it's practically out of the question. The next thing, it was no fun to walking up with that heavy mountain skateboard. I was once again out of breath. I tried the one that you sit on. This time I nearly blew out all 4 tires!!! My friends gave a push and I skated down the hill fast and boy, it was FUN! As I walked back up the hill again, I looked at the long trail of tire marks that I created. I thought, "wow, so cool!" I had good time with my friends. Jeff and I really enjoy our special moments with our canadian friends. It was a great experience!

The reason I shared this story, it had helped me realized the special times with friends also applied to many of us and you guys, too. We're always B-U-S-Y with our lives. If we take a break from our busy life and spend 1 hour with our family, find something fun to do! There's nothing compared to anything else in life. It's PRICELESS. It's very important we recognize that balance is the very important key to our lives. If we don’t have balance, then it’s out of the question! Just like my fall off the skateboard. Man, that did hurt!

We need to learn how to balance our life with God, family, and work. If we have good balance, then we will be able to enjoy more with our life. God wants us enjoy our life on earth. God created it for us, He gave us this life. I truly believe God is smiling when we honor Him and be faithful to Him. He loves it when we enjoy and having fun our lives. When I looked at the trail of tire mark on the dirt road, it was filled with many wonderful memories that I can carry with for the rest of my life. Just like you create memories with your family time. Christians friends who helped push us on the skateboard, since I can't physically make the skateboard go. Same visual with idea is we all need friend's support system to push us to become a better person. Only God can help us do successful things in life. He wants us to have fun, not worry, stress, frustrated, or give up. We will experience riding on the bumpy, dusty, dirty road in our lives, including frustrations, stress and hurtful feelings.We have to learn to control our life by steering left and right to keep us on right the path. That's what God will do for us, open your hearts to God and He WILL steer our lives and heart to the RIGHT PATH!

We at OJC want to see deaf people experience wonderful times through God. The secular world and Satan will continue to keep us from having fun. Satan is the one that is telling you, you're not having fun! Honestly, being a Christian is definitely not boring compared to what other people say. God wants us to enjoy life while we can. "So go eat your food and enjoy it; drink your wine and be happy, because that is what God wants you to do. Put on nice clothes and make yourself look good. Enjoy life with the wife you love. Enjoy all the useless days of this useless life God has given you here on earth, because it is all you have. So enjoy the work you do here on earth. Whatever work you do, do your best, because you are going to the grave, where there is no working, no planning, no knowledge, and no wisdom." ~ Ecclesiastes 9:7-10

Please continue pray for us at OJC to help deaf people to "see" Jesus Christ. Imagine when we will be in Heaven and huge blast time with Him! God bless you, my fellow brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment