Friday, December 17, 2010

My Canada Trip...

Canadian Rocky Mountains

I, Andrew Lower, would love to share some of my great experiences as a pastor. One of the many deaf ministry experiences was my mission trip to Calgary and Saskatchewan, Canada. About 7 years ago, my friend Jeff, who is also a deaf preacher, asked me go with him to Canada. It was my first time to Canada and I've never been so excited in my whole life. It also the first time I've done any type of ministry to Deaf Canadians. At that time, it was such a blessing and God was so awesome! When I first arrived at the destination, I immediately saw they were very hungry for God’s Word and Jesus Christ. They were so thrilled and honored to see us since we both came a long way from Florida.

During the first day or two, we were in Calgary because it was the only city in the area with an airport. We stayed with some friends that night. The next early morning, several of us drove 6 hours to Saskatchewan. For about a week, Jeff and I preached approximately 50-100 Deaf Canadians at the camp. Each day during the revival services, their faces shined with happiness! Many of them got saved. What's even more amazing was some of them traveled 6 hours to our revival to listen to our powerful sermons! Glory to God! I'll never forget the special time we had there spreading the Good News in Jesus Christ's glory! I'm so thankful that my good friend, Jeff, asked me to be a part of it. It wasn't long after the mission trip that I felt the call to be a Deaf Pastor. If it had not been for Jeff asking me to go with him, I would probably never become a Deaf Pastor. When several Deaf Canadians told me, "Thank you very much for coming here and gave us the messages. We now found the answers from God because of you." it was such a humble experience and I had realized God used me to help them SEE God! They really inspired me to this day, today.


We had wonderful time together. Many great memories. They really touched my heart deeply. Even they were strangers, I felt like they were family members. I was so fired up with enthusiasm because I knew God had something special for me, which was to help Deaf people to SEE Jesus Christ. After the revival at Saskatchewan, we traveled back to Calgary. On the way, I got to see some of the most beautiful landscapes and mountain scenery I've ever seen in my life. It was like God's massive oil painting! Before our flight home, I had tears in my eyes and prayed to God thanking him for giving me the most awesome experience and was looking forward to serve Jesus Christ. Fast forward to today, with Operation Jesus Christ Deaf Ministries, we will be able to use this wonderful new outreach program to tell the Deaf People in the world Who Jesus Christ is. We want them to SEE Jesus Christ. Our goal is to help them to open their hearts to Jesus Christ. Our hope is tell 98% of the non-Christian Deaf people that there IS Jesus Christ! Please continue to pray for us and Operation JC Deaf Ministries.

God bless you all,

Pastor Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment